Pink October is here! Every year during the month of October many organizations raise funds for Breast Cancer Awareness Month, and I often find myself wondering what I can do to show my support. Many of us know someone who is affected by this disease, whether a relative, friend, co-worker or acquaintance. Even if we do not, as women we should stand united in the fight against breast cancer. According to http://www.breastcancer.org, 12% of women (one in eight) will develop breast cancer in the U.S. over the course of their lifetime. If like me, you are wondering how you can get involved, here are some ways you can show support (and get some fun makeup and accessories in the process).
- Wear something pink!
- Organize a Pink-themed event to raise awareness.
- Accessorize with a beautiful Pink Charm Bracelet from Glamulet (shown in the picture above). They are donating 50% of the profits to a charity organization. Go to http://www.glamulet.com to purchase one for yourself or your loved ones.
- Buy a BCRF charm or bracelet from Ann Taylor. The Breast Cancer Research Foundation will receive 50% of the profits. http://www.anntaylor.com
- Go to http://www.pacificabeauty.com and treat yourself to some new makeup or skincare products! Pacifica Beauty will donate 1% of their profits from website sales to the Breast Cancer Research Foundation.
- Purchase a new primer. Smashbox (www.smashbox.com) is selling a special edition of their 24 Shadow Primer. They will donate $5 to the Breast Cancer Research Foundation for every purchase. (Smashbox has also partnered with Birchbox, for additional information go to http://www.birchbox.com).
- Buy a Pink Ribbon Product from the BCA campaign (www.bcacampaign.com). Fifteen brands are selling their best beauty and skincare products to raire funds for BCRF.
- Prepare your lips for the cold weather. EOS has a limited edition two pack lip balm for Pink October; 100% of the profits will go to Memorial Sloan Kettering for breast cancer research. http://www.drugstore.com/eos-2015-breast-cancer-awareness-lip-balm/qxp550526
- Make a donation or participate in a Making Strides Against Breast Cancer walk. Go to http://www.makingstrideswalk.org for additional information.
- Participate in Avon 39, a 39 miles walk that takes place over the course of two days. Join a team or register as an individual on http://www.avon39.org.
Just remember, even the smallest contribution counts! While we continue to stand united in the fight against breast cancer, let us also acknowledge all the women who have won the fight, and who can stand here today and celebrate their victory with us.
Disclaimer: this is not a sponsored post