Hello lovelies and Happy Summer! I hope that you all had a wonderful and a relaxing July 4th! This last month was stressful, so I took a little break from blogging to enjoy some much needed R&R at the beach! One way I try to relieve stress when I have a busy day (or week!) is to try to find a few minutes to pamper myself. Even during the course of my busiest week, I can usually find 15 minutes to do a face mask. I encourage and challenge everyone to do the same! You can watch your favorite trashy TV show while the mask is actively nourishing your skin! Or, if you’re really pressed for time, you can work at your computer or do chores (cleaning can also be a stress-relieving activity- well it is for me anyway!) and still reap the benefits of a face mask. Which brings me to the latest mask I’ve been testing: the Skin Detoxifying Clay Mask by Valentia Skin Care!
- Kaolin Clay: Clay minerals draw impurities, improve skin tone, and tighten pores for smoother firmer skin.
- Plant Stem Cells:Naturally decreases the level of pro-aging toxins and works to soother the skin, reduce redness, and improve evenness.
- Spirulina: A botanical stimulant full of vitamins that hydrates the skins surface and contributes to tissue regeneration of the skin.
- CoQ10: Lessens the appearance of wrinkles by reducing free radical damage and stimulating health collagen production.
- Hibiscus & Cranberry Fibers: Both lend their anti-aging properties to firm and reinforce the skin, helping to reduce the creation of new wrinkles.
(for a full list of ingredients, go to www.valentia.com)
The first pro for me is the scent. The Valentia Skin Detoxifying Clay Mask smells delicious! The scent of a face mask is very important to me, and can determine whether I ever use the mask again, since I have to keep it on for 15-20 minutes. The best way to describe the scent is a very pleasant light sweet flora/berry scent, but you should really try it yourself.
The second pro is the texture (see photo below). Because it is a Clay Mask, I assumed the texture would be muddy or hard. I actually really like the texture! It is easy to apply and goes on very smoothly. I felt light tingling where I had some areas of redness(usually around my nose), but it didn’t bother me and I noticed a reduction in redness after applying this mask.
The only con for me is that I found this mask to be a little too drying, which is not ideal since I have dry skin. My solution is to apply a night time moisturizer right after rinsing off the mask. Also, because of that I would not apply this mask more than once every 1-2 a week. I think it is a better mask for people who have either normal-to-oily skin or combination skin.
Overall, after testing this product for a few weeks, I found it to be an excellent and affordable skincare product. This mask is exfoliating, nourishing, and not harsh if you have more sensitive skin like I do. Also, my skin felt smoother and firmer after each use, and I began improvements with some of my expression lines.
Additional Product Information:
- Made in the U.S.A.
- Cruelty Free
- Paraben Free
- Alcohol Free
- Vegan Friendly
- Includes Organic Ingredients
- 98% Natural
Powered by Brandbacker