Disclaimer: This is not a sponsored post. All opinions are 100% my own.
Hello everyone and Happy Spring!!! When Spring arrives I always feel the need to de-clutter and re-organize my closet and my makeup. As I was organizing my beauty products, I realized it was time to review some of the amazing skincare and makeup that I’ve received from a vegan subscription box called Petit Vour (according to their website, the name is Frenglish, it derives from “petit four”). www.petitvour.com/pages/faqs.
Over the course of the last few years I’ve been trying to switch over to more natural skincare and beauty products. So I received this subscription as a gift from a family member for Christmas and I really love it! Please read below for my review of the samples I’ve received in the first two boxes.
1. French Girl Organics Rose Lip Polish ($9/full-size $16). I love this!!! Whenever you have dry lips, apply a pea-sized amount, let it sit for a few minutes and then rinse with warm water. It’s really moisturizing! I always follow with lip balm.
2. Evelyn Iona Gel Liner + Brush Set ($22/full-size $33.50). Keeping in mind that I’m a huge fan of liquid and cream liners (I’ve been using them since I was 16 years old!), I really like this one! It’s creamy, it glides on perfectly and it stays on all day. Cons: the brush. It made the application a little tricky at first. However, after the first application it got easier. Also, the price is a somewhat steep for an eyeliner.
3. S.W. Basics Mini Cream ($12). This cream is very rich, it can be applied to both the face and body and it lasts. Also it is very natural, the only ingredients are: Shea butter, Coconut Oil and Olive Oil. Cons: the smell. It was very strong for me, so I only applied it occasionally when I really needed some serious hydration.
4. Kaia Naturals bamboo tapioca beads ($5/full-size $38). Made with 100% natural ingredients (coconut, chickpeas, deep cleansing clay and tapioca), this is a daily deep exfoliating cleanser that absorbs oil. Directions: wet face & palm, dispense powder and apply to face. Can also be used as a mask if left on for 10 minutes. It is also great for sensitive skin (like mine) because it is very gentle (just add more water to make more gentle). Cons: none.
1. Graydon Hair Smoothie ($2.50/ full -size $25). I love this hair smoothie! First of all it smells great! -(a musky eucalyptus type smell). Second, it keeps my hair shiny and frizz-free all day. This hair smoothie can be used as a regular conditioner or as a leave-in (which is how I prefer to use it). I’m considering buying the full size, even though it’s expensive. Cons: none.
2. Christy Organics “Trance” Natural Perfume ($5.25/full-size $65). Another great sample! This perfume has a very natural floral scent. A small amount goes a long way. I would buy this perfume over a more popular brand, since many perfumes are still tested on animals, and are more expensive. Cons: none.
3. Han Skin Care Cosmetics Eyeshadow (full-size $13). I love the color of this eyeshadow, it has great pigmentation! I actually wear it quite often. While it is appropriate for work, it has a little shimmer, so it works well for a day-to-night look (or if you just like sparkles like me).
4. Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Booster Serum ($19/full-size $75). I like this serum, butI don’t love it (which happens often for me with Juice Beauty products). While I can’t speak of the longterm effects, I can say that it’s hydrating, but I went through the sample very quickly. For the cost of the full price, there are other natural and organic serums available which are more effective and are less expensive. Cons: The price.
Well, that’s it for now folks. I hope you found this review to be helpful, or at least entertaining. Please keep reading for additional info about Petit Vour.
- Full Samples on products can be purchased at petitvour.com
- Earn 20% back with every purchase